Kids For Wish Kids® objectives:
- Increase awareness among children and teenagers about the mission of Make-A-Wish.
- Encourage young people to become actively involved in fulfilling wishes through Make-A-Wish.
- Foster the value of community service, using this program as a hands-on learning experience for children.
- Create school spirit and help students learn how to work together for a common goal.
If you would like to start a Kids For Wish Kids project, we are happy to help. Tips to get started:
- Invite a Make-A-Wish representative to give a presentation at your school. We have talented speakers, videos and lots of photos of our wish children. Once students find out about the Make-A-Wish Foundation and see the smiles a wish can bring to a child’s face, they are usually eager to become involved.
- Choose an individual or small group to be in charge. This is an important step. An organized, enthusiastic group or chairperson will keep the project on track. If you’re planning to do several fundraisers over a period of time, consider having different students be in charge of each project. This is a great way to keep everyone involved and on track toward your fund raising goal. A paper thermometer is a great method to use. It’s also a great motivator for everyone to see how you’re progressing toward your goal.
- Challenge other homerooms, classes or schools. This is a great way to get more students involved in your fundraiser. The more students involved, the more fun it can be and the more successful your fundraiser will be.
Ready to Get Started?
To help kick-start your Kids For Wish Kids campaign, please review the materials below:
Once you’ve reviewed the materials above, please contact your local Make-A-Wish representative to discuss next steps and submit your Enrollment Form.