BiLingual Wish Administrator
At Make-A-Wish®, we are more than a great place to work — our work is life-changing. Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Nearly 40 years ago the inspiration for Make-A-Wish began with one little boy's wish to be a police officer. Today, together with our volunteers, donors, staff and supporters, our chapter has granted more than 8,500 life-changing wishes across the 45 counties we serve and transformed countless lives.
The Bilingual Wish Administrator is a key contributor to the mission and responsible for conducting wish visits, maintaining a wish caseload, and managing incoming qualified wish kid files. Strives to ensure timely delivery of impactful wishes and good use of Make-A-Wish resources to support the Make-A-Wish vision of granting the wish of every eligible child.
Where You Come In
As the Bilingual Wish Administrator you will:
- Manage caseload of wishes including:
- Regular correspondence with wish families
- Make travel arrangements
- Seek in-kind discounts/donations
- Ensure proper documentation is received
- Create itineraries for wish families
- Reconcile wish expenses & in-kind
- Maintain regular communication with volunteers, medical teams, and colleagues regarding wish updates
- Conduct welcome phone calls for newly qualified wish kids
- Communicate with wish families to schedule and confirm wish visits
- Request and process required documentation for wish granting
- Conduct wish visits as assigned
- Assist in translating chapter documents as needed
- Attend, support and attend Wish Volunteer Training sessions periodically
- Comply with chapter guidelines and national performance standards
- Share responsibility for 24-hour wish emergency cell phone
- Occasional evening or weekend events as needed
- Occasional travel within chapter territory required
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or Vice President of Mission Delivery
To be successful, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. Candidate will have high level organizational & collaborative skills with a willingness to support productive teamwork.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, business, or related field preferred
- 3+ years of administrative work experience strongly desired
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and web-based tools - Salesforce experience preferred
- Database data entry & reporting experience preferred
- Evidence of strong initiative, self-direction, flexibility and creative thinking
- High level of sensitivity when dealing with confidential gifts and constituent information
- Ability to organize work, prioritize, and adhere to deadlines
- Effectively manage a wide array of tasks while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal & customer service skills with the ability to find effective solutions
- Perform as a positive role model and collaborative team player
What We Offer
- Comprehensive benefit package: Medical, Vision, Dental, Wellness*
- Health and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance*
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Holidays
*Make-A-Wish pays 100% of the monthly premium for employees for medical, vision, dental, life, and short/long term disability.
Join Our Team of Inspired People Transforming Lives
We are more than a great place to work - our work is life changing. We are fueled and guided by our values - values that are represented in the inspired people we work with and the transformational work we do every day.
We respect and ensure equal opportunity, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, perceived disability and other legally protected characteristics.
If interested email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
Our interns & volunteers like working at Make-A-Wish because of the endless opportunities, professional yet fun environment, and hands-on experience. When you join our dedicated team you will experience the gratification of knowing your work impacts, those affected both directly and indirectly, as we transform lives, one wish at a time. Candidates must be detail oriented, have strong written and oral communication skills, and a passion for making a difference one wish at a time.
To view Internship Opportunities, Click Here.
To apply for an Internship, Click Here.
Contact the Volunteer Department, Ibyhagrre@arpnaai.jvfu.bet or call Stacie Grimes, Sr. Volunteer Manager, at 916.692.3931.
Thank you for your interest in Make-A-Wish® Northeastern & Central California and Northern Nevada!